If you are looking for an OPPORTUNITY to become A KEY PERSON of our organization, someone that has a DIRECT IMPACT on the success of our business then this is the position for you.
We are a Santa Barbara, CA-based, well-funded, fast growing online marketing and mattress company seeking a dynamic individual to become the leader of our human resources department. You will implement and monitor all HR functions, which includes but is not limited to recruiting, payroll, benefits, unemployment, workers compensation and office management. You will work directly with the Controller and other members of the management team. We offer a casual yet energetic work environment, competitive compensation, and tremendous growth opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for the “right person.” We strongly believe that our people are the reason we are successful, so we are looking for the person that is the absolute perfect fit for us.
- Provide strategic, day-to-day administrative HR support to the business, answering employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies and other human resource related items
- Place advertisements of employment opportunities in various types of media.
- Recruit candidates, screen resumes, and maintain application files
- Conduct initial interviews of selected candidates to determine if the individual is a good fit for the position prior passing qualified candidates on to interviews at department level
- Conduct background/criminal, credit and reference checks on potential candidates
- Prepare offer letters, onboarding
- Process all new hire and termination paperwork
- Execute payroll online through ADP
- Benefits Administration: Oversee benefits offered by the company and be the liaison to deliver the company policies to employees
- Assist in developing and maintaining job descriptions and company policies
- Ensure legal compliance and conduct investigations when necessary
- Office Management: Plan and organize company events such as team building, holidays, and other general office management duties.
- Coordinate, participate, and at times conduct safety training for employees and someone who is well versed in OSHA training
- Perform other functions as may be required by and/or directed by Management
- Bachelor degree in HR or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic state and federal labor law compliance
- Knowledge of LinkedIn Recruiter a big plus but not necessary
- Knowledge of accounting is a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience using QuickBooks is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented to a maniacal degree (we are not kidding)
- Experience working in a start-up environment or ability to work in rapidly expanding and changing environment
- MUST BE LOCAL TO SANTA BARBARA AREA
Why work at Lull Ventures?
- We care more about results than process. Execution is critical
- We're allergic to red-tape and bureaucracy
- Everybody contributes to the success of our company
- Our team is broad and dynamic
- We take work very seriously, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously
- We love to learn and improve every day
- Our executives have had some big wins and we are planning on making this our biggest win yet
About Lull Ventures, LLC
Lull is a Santa Barbara, CA-based direct-to-consumer mattress company. We design, engineer and craft our mattresses using only the highest quality materials. We deliver this incredible sleep experience directly to our customers' doorstep at a fraction of the cost of a traditional mattress. Our customers can try our mattresses for 100 days, then decide if the mattress is right for them. If not, we will pick it up for free and offer a full refund.
Since our launch in November 2015, we have sold thousands of mattresses and our customers have given us over 1,000 5-star reviews. We were recently awarded a "Best Buy" rating by Consumer Reports. Lull has been featured on the Today Show, People Magazine, Better Homes and more.